Decompression 01 Small Seconds Blue
Automatic small seconds movement (Sellita SW261)
Stainless steel case with helium valve
Decompression security stops bezel
ADT scale and fly-no fly indicator
5 Degrees case inclination.
Genuine rubber strap
Our factory direct promise
The Bühlmann design DNA is found in its oversized minutes hand which has the purpose of reading the dial and bezel diving data. This oversized hand allows the diver to focus on the diving information, in particular the actual dive time (ADT) and the decompression security stops time and depth, instead of on time.
Additionally, the case is inclined by 5 degrees to facilitate the data readability even more. To place the focus on the minutes hand, the hour hand is replaced by a hours digits disc.
Superluminova® pigments are Swiss made and offer the strongest possible afterglow performance. The pigments are non-radioactive, REACH compatible, highly temperature resistant and resistant to environmental influences.
Grade X1 used on the Decompression 01 shows a performance increase of up to 60% after two hours compared to standard grades. Long term legibility according to the ISO 3157 standard is extended by at least a factor of 1.6.
We designed the Bühlmann Decompression 01 like A. Bühlmann would have done. We have integrated 35 years of breathing science, empirical tests and depth records by functionally featuring his algorithm on the uni-directional turning bezel of the watch. This required a special re-design of the circular calculator itself, as well as a new dial and time reading configuration to make the scale usable on a timepiece and safe for diving. Together with Thomas Bühlman, the son of Alfred Bühlmann, and his team we have adopted new solutions for a diving watch to make it special, unique and professional.
The legacy of Prof. Bühlmann lives on in the Decompression 01.
Discover the project
- Stainless Steel 316L (1.4435 grade with higher chromium and nickel content for enhanced corrosion resistance and resistance to saline water)
- Sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment
- Screwed case-back with 8 screws
- Uni-directional (clock-wise) Decompression security stops bezel
- Push lock-unlock bezel for the screw-in crowns
- 5 degrees case inclination
- Flexible strap joints on the 12 o’clock strap lugs for snug fit on all wrist sizes
Polished central case-body. Brushed lower case-body with polished bevels. 6-12 brushed lugs. Circular brushed and polished engraved bezel
- Matt and sunray navy blue dial with orange 15min segment on the inner ADT (Actual Dive Time) turning bezel.
- Luminous X1 grade Superluminova ®, minutes hand, hour disk, indexes, bezel and inner turning bezel marker
Black perforated rubber strap with stainless steel pin buckle.
57.5 ATM / 575m / 1886ft (Bühlmann's depth record)
Swiss made Sellita SW261
Mechanical, self-winding, 28’800 bhp/4Hz
Hours, minutes, small seconds, date (transformed into a fly-no fly indicator)
Deep dive with our resources and links
Wow amazing, so different than the other diving watches. Just missed out on the sale but am considering to buy it when ready even if it will be more expensive :(